Opened in 1945, Our Lady of the Oaks Hospital, provided care for emotionally ill and nervous women. It was operated by The Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and ceased operations by the 1960s.
Contributed by Shawn L. and Phil T.
Some newspaper images are from historical archives of The Courier-Journal (Louisville, Kentucky). Some photos are provided from former annual reports of the hospital to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. All other photos were obtained, donated, or copied from state and hospital archives or personal collections. Please contact us before using any photographs or images on this website. We do not own the copyrights to all photos and those photos we do own require written permission before any use.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.