Opened in 1917 as the Blue Grass Sanatorium. Owned and funded by Fayette County to help combat the tuberculosis issue. Leo Marks donated to upgrade buildings and equipment in the name of his father in 1924. By the early 1950s patient population as greatly decreased due to better treatment and the facility was converted into a nursing home. Today the main building is gone but several outlying ones remain maintained by the city for the parks department.